wild_irises: (reading)
[personal profile] wild_irises
I finished Max Gladstone's Three Parts Dead, and I really enjoyed it. I've since talked with two writer friends who don't like Gladstone's writing style, but I do. I thought his characters were excellent, his story engaging, and a lot of his metaphors and descriptions really original and visual. Plus, how often do you get complex fantasy plus a courtroom scene? I'll read more.

I launched from there right into Letters to Tiptree, edited by Alexandra Pierce and Alisa Krasnostein. This is an amazing book (why didn't I make an effort to contribute?) and it makes me cry kind of a lot.

Up next, probably a catch-up Aqueduct Press Grand Conversations title, and then maybe Delia Sherman's short story collection. Or maybe something else.

Date: 2016-03-18 05:36 am (UTC)
metaphortunate: (Default)
From: [personal profile] metaphortunate
I really enjoyed all three Gladstone books I have read while I was reading them, and now I cannot remember much about them. :/

Profile

wild_irises: (Default)
wild_irises

March 2020

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
1516171819 2021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 30th, 2026 02:22 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios